The experts are assisted by the most innovative and sophisticated equipment, and offer diagnostic services and comprehensive treatment of gastrointestinal tract (GI) and hepatic diseases.
Colonoscopy – This procedure involves an endoscopic examination of the large colon and the distal part of the small bowel. It is used to aid in the diagnosis of chronic colitis, colon cancer and other bowel disorders. It is usually carried out under general anesthesia, and the attending doctor can take biopsies as required, and remove polyps during the procedure.
Sigmoidoscopy – A short, minimally invasive procedure during which the physician examines the lower portion of the large intestine. Sigmoidoscopy is a very effective tool in finding the causes of various bowel problems, including abdominal pain, abnormal bowel movements, polyps and cancer of the lower intestine and rectum.
Gastroscopy – An endoscopic procedure examining the upper part of the gastro-intestinal tract, gastroscopy is an effective tool for the diagnosis of digestive disorders.
PEG gastrostomy – Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube is a feeding tube inserted into the stomach via the abdominal wall. The procedure requires mild sedation and is used as an alternative means of nutrition for patients with difficulty swallowing food.
Tests performed by experts:
· Consultation with the leading experts in all types of GI diseases
· Early detection of colon cancer by colonoscopy
· Comprehensive evaluation of the causes of GI bleeding and iron-deficiency (anemia)
· Resection and biopsy of GI tumors/polyps
· Treatment of GI functional disorders- chronic constipation, diarrhea, and irritable bowel disease
· Diagnosis and treatment of gastric and esophageal diseases, heartburn, dysphagia, peptic ulcers, diagnosis and treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection
· Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gallbladder and pancreas
· Diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
· Ambulatory hemorrhoids treatment
Types of endoscopic procedures performed: